Join Dive Deep, the official podcast of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois, as they launch a three-part series, “Real world questions, real Catholic answers.” Hosts Andrew Hansen and Amber Cerveny talk with Father Chris House, pastor of Christ the King Parish in Springfield and Father Michael Friedel, pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Decatur, about challenging topics that can be difficult for Catholics to tackle.
Aug. 21 podcast:
- What should you do if you know someone who thinks of him or herself as having no worth?
- My child or spouse will not come to Mass with me. What should I do?
Sept. 4 podcast:
- My friend says he or she wants a divorce from his or her spouse. What should I say?
- My adult child is living with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Why is this wrong, and what should I do?
Sept. 18 podcast:
- I know my friend or child is being promiscuous. What should I do?
- If my friend or child announces that he or she is gay, what is a Catholic response?
“Every day, people are facing these difficult issues and conversations,” Father House said. “We discuss these situations from a pastoral perspective, trying to give a concise understanding of what the church teaches. We hope these podcasts help and prepare people for these challenging conversations with their friends and family.”
Go to dio.org/podcast to listen. You can also listen to Dive Deep on Apple and Google podcasts.