Sister Lenore was born to Lenore (Crain) and John Peter Theisen in Leadville, Colo. She joined the Dominican Sisters in 1935.
Sister Lenore spent her life ministering in the field of elementary education and administration. She began in 1936 teaching first grade at Our Lady of Grace School, Chicago. She also taught at St. John Bosco and St. Christina, Chicago; St. Bernadette, Evergreen Park; Christ the King, Springfield; St. James, Sauk Village; Holy Angels, Aurora; and Sacred Heart in Redlands, Calif.
Sister Lenore was preceded in death by her parents, 11 brothers and 3 sisters. She is survived by nieces, nephews and her Dominican sisters.
The funeral Mass was June 13 at Sacred Heart Convent Motherhouse, with Father Peter Witchousky, OP, presiding. Final commendation and burial was at Calvary Cemetery.
Kirlin-Egan and Butler Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.