Sister Elka lived her religious ministry as a teacher, resident assistant and volunteer sacristan in Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin. In the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois, Sister Elka taught at St. James School in Decatur (1928-1933).
Sister Elka is survived by her brother Martin of Omaha, Neb., nephews, nieces, friends, and the School Sisters of St. Francis.
The funeral Mass was held on July 15 at St. Joseph Convent. Burial was at Sisters’ Cemetery in Campbellsport.